The island is 19.6 miles long and 6 miles across, with a total area of 70 square miles. It is located just below the hurricane belt, and unlike many islands in the Caribbean, the climate is dry, so they rarely have a rainy day. On the south and west coasts of Aruba, you’ll find Oranjestad, the capital city, and miles of beaches that have been named some of the best in the world. Here, you’ll find most of the resorts in Aruba, and Queen Beatrix International Airport (AUA).
In the interior of the island, you’ll find Arikok National Park, a desert like preserve with a variety of wildlife, cacti and dramatic rock formations. You’ll also find some of Aruba’s most striking views, as the ocean crashes against the rugged shoreline below.
On the northeast coast, along the windward shore, you’ll see our island’s unofficial mascots, the fofoti trees. The constant trade winds have permanently sculpted them into graceful, southwesterly bending forms.
Palm Beach, Aruba
The renowned two-mile-long strip known as Palm Beach, Aruba is home to glamorous high-rise hotels and dotted by water sports, concessions, piers, beach bars, restaurants, and shops. Calm waters make this a comfortable haven for swimmers and snorkelers.
A walk along the coast at dawn or sunset is perfect for exercise and quiet reflection during your Caribbean vacation. Taking in the magnificent tangerine sunset or enjoying candle-lit, barefoot dining on the beach in Aruba can be the perfect finale to a lazy or exciting day of sun and sea.
The Hotel: Hyatt Aruba Resort and Casino
Experience a vacation in the middle of paradise at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa & Casino. With an idyllic setting on the mesmerizing Caribbean Sea, impeccable service and fun onsite activities, you’ll find endless things to do at our Aruba Resort on the beach. Explore the magical undersea world on a diving expedition in the sea.
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort offers a variety of dining experiences with international appeal and local flavor. Start your day with a buffet breakfast at Ruinas del Mar, cool off with poolside beverages from Balashi Bar and Grill, and wind down the day with happy hour specials at Piet’s Pier Bar. Spend an evening at Café Piccolo and indulge in authentic Italian dishes, including wood fired pizzas. Whether you’re in the mood to savor Caribbean cuisine or watch the sun set and sip cocktails, our beachside Aruba restaurants have something for everyone to enjoy.
Few Highlights of the Property:
- 8,000-sq ft, three-level pool complex with cascading waterfall, two-story waterslide, two whirlpools, tropical gardens, and a 5,000-sq ft freshwater lagoon stocked with tropical fish and wildlife
- ZoiA Spa and beauty salon
- StayFit Fitness Center featuring an exercise room with free weights, exercise bikes, stair climbers and rowers
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Beautiful beach on property
- Red Sail Sports, Aruba’s premier water sports company, located at the hotel
- Hyatt Regency Casino
Few Additional Tips:
- Aruba's sun is strongest from 11 am – 3 pm. Please be sure to reapply sunscreen often and drink plenty of liquids. The sun is VERY strong due to its location far South.
- There is a casino on site at the Hyatt. Remember all of Aruba uses USD! There is an ATM located at the hotel for your convenience.
- Make sure to visit Piet's Pier Bar as it's one of the best on island for sunsets.
Pool Chair/Beach Huts
Your Beach and Pool Experience is the key to an enjoying relaxing vacation while here on 'One Happy Island'. Here are a few tips to remember all of Aruba's Beaches are Public, for that reason they require all Hyatt guests to register at the Towel Hut located just across the beach path as you exit the pool to ensure that all huts are for Hyatt guests exclusively!
Pool chairs and most of the Beach Huts are on a first come first service basis except for a select few that they make available for rental. Pool and Beach are in high demand so they have listed three easy options to help you along the way, you must be seated in your selected hut by no later than 10:00 am or they will assign that hut or umbrella to a waiting guest.
- Option #1: To reserve your beach hut rental for a fee up to a year in advance, sign up at hyattbeachservices.com. This service is for Hyatt registered guest only, so a room confirmation is required during sign up (Please contact us at Info@ExecutiveGroupTravel.com if you need a reservation number).
- Option #2: For our first come first serve Beach and Pool Services; each day at 4:00 pm you will be able to go in and select an available hut for the next day. Simply go to hyattbeachservices.com from your mobile device and reserve your selected relaxing spot at your fingertips.
- Option #3: 7:30 am each morning the towel hut opens for business! For those who want one of our complimentary, prime location huts, there may be a line, so please be prepared. Complimentary huts are assigned on a first come first serve basis and as you may guess the huts closest to the water will go first.
Don't forget to stop by the towel hut to check-in and occupy your shade location before 10:00 am, and one of their friendly beach ambassadors will escort you to your own shade location.